Imagine a brewing pump that eliminates cavitation, is easy to clean, has a built in valve, and is quiet. Introducing The RipTide pump from Blichmann, the first pump designed specifically for homebrewing.
We love this brew pump. Like a brewer wired on coffee, let us rattle off some of our favorite features. First, the pull style relief valve that allows air to exit the pump head so the impeller won’t cavitate is a genius addition. Our next favorite feature is the bad-ass, built-in flow control valve so you don’t have to add additional ball-valves. While we dont manually clean our pumps very often we like the idea that we can easily do that with the clover clamp style connection. That might be particularly important if you are transferring cool wort where extra sanitation might make a difference. Equally cool is the noise, or lack thereof, when operating. It just wears on you to hear your pump grinding away all day. The RipTide pump isn’t silent, but it is much quieter. And to top it all off we like the mounting base and the extra long 9′ cord. 9′ gets the plug connection a few feet away from where we are brewing and less likely to be exposed to water – a simple upgrade that is really nice. Oh, and we almost forgot the power switch which is always a nice feature on something electric!
All in all this is a no brainer upgrade for the difference in cost.
- Strong rare earth magnets and a curved blade impeller provide 7 GPM and up to 21 ft of lift
- Tri-Clamp head disassembles easily for cleaning
- 1/2″ NPT inlet and outlet
- Motor is enclosed in a splash proof and super quiet case
- Rotatable stainless steel head
- Integrated air release vent allows you to easily prime the pump everytime without those frustrating air bubbles and cavitation
- Linear flow valve provided for excellent flow control
- Power switch on base
- 10 ft. long power cord with 120V plug